Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Outset

My aim here is to showcase and speak a little about those paintings and illustrations I have created over the years that don’t directly relate to my novel. I will be putting up works in chronological order, starting from all the way back in 2002 up to the present day and hopefully beyond. Don’t fret the backlog won’t take long as I really don’t have that many older pieces worthy of showcase and all those ancient originals are either lost to the sands of time or many miles away in England!

Mostly I’m hoping this blog will inspire me to keep painting on a regular basis. Obviously it is unlikely that it will be updated with new works as frequently as our sister site Black Wednesday Isle due to the ridiculous amount of time it takes me to produce an oil painting. There I admitted it; I’m a notoriously slow artist. Actually I’m notoriously slow at most things, to the point where as an infant I failed tests not because I got any of the answers wrong but because I only managed to answer half of the questions in the allotted time – d’oh! >.<

Thus as an end note to this outset I would like to add that I am hoping this blog will inspire me to progress and learn more about digital painting and working quickly, quite a grand aspiration for me but hey-ho, I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment